Thursday, April 13, 2017

Body Butter Recipe

 
I was listening to my favorite Essential Oils Podcast and they shared a Body Butter recipe.  I was really wanting to make a moisturizer and everyone I had made so far, I have hated.  Well, this Body Butter recipe is the BEST!

If DIY-ing is scary to you, take a deep breath, and give it a try! If you find easy recipes, get a few items to use, and materials, you can make just about anything!! I have the following materials and have made a lot of stuff with them:
  • Beeswax
  • Shea Butter
  • Cocoa Butter
  • Coconut Oil
  • A variety of other carrier oils (Sweet Almond, Jojoba, etc.)
To make the Body Butter, you will take 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup sweet almond oil, 1/4 shea butter, and 1/4 cup cocoa butter and add to a double boiler. I use a glass bowl over a pan halfway filled with water.  Melt all of those then remove from heat.





I allow to cool about an hour then put it in the refrigerator.   This allows it to cool quicker.  If it was winter, I would have stuck it outside.  Around 2-3 hours later, take it out, mix around with a spatula and then add about 10-20 drops of your favorite Essential Oil.  I chose Peace and Calming because it's my favorite!




Then, use a hand mixer and whip away!!  Whip until stiff peaks.  And....viola!  You've made Body Butter!



No comments:

Post a Comment